Monday 15 April 2013

No Need to Deny.



a poem by Albert Safford.

I’ve been trapped inside a place
 where I know there’s no escape
All my secrets have been revealed
I’m left tormented and unhealed
I wish this nightmare would just end
All my hopes and all dreams
Have been titled as blasphemes

I can see the world from a bird’s eye
 I think I have to die
As I lay down in the grass all I see are shades of grey
I make up my mind, tomorrow is the day

Buildings taller than the sky, I think I’m going to die
There’s no reason to deny
 yes I know I’m going to die
I have a smile on my face as the sun shines down on me
Because I know that I’ll be free

I climb up 50 floors to get right up to the top
Feel the breeze go through my hair and the warm light on my face
I’m so happy I’m so free
I feel as if nothing can stop me

One last look upon the city that is miles away from me
I reflect on my short life and all the pain I had to see
Once I take my leap of faith and leave this world behind
Everyone one is going to know
That my life just got so messed up and this world became gritty
My life just wasn't meant to be

The people who have caused this their names are left unsaid
I can only say one thing about it
My jump was because of them
Yes there’s no need to deny
I’m going to die

Goodnight Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment