Wednesday 10 April 2013

"Popular".

Popular- ad. Liked, admired, and enjoyed by many people or by a particular group or person.

Look around you. Are you really like? Or is it staged?
Everyone is unique. People say that they're different-and they are- but some people literally try to be different on purpose, mostly the people that call themselves "popular". It makes no sense, people who are "popular"-or so they say- are all the same; they all talk the same, look the same, act the same way etc. They always say things like "Oh we're so different", and "We don't bully people because everyone is different and we know who it feels to be treated badly because we're different too". Stuff like that annoys me so much! Yet really the people who stick out like a sore thumb in the crowds and who are truly different are ridiculed and shunned from the "popular" group. I myself have experienced this first hand. I tried to fit in with the "popular" kids but they made fun of me and called me names but now I have found people who were treated the same and I have great friends. I just don't understand how they can say that they're against bullying yet turn around and called somebody names and laugh at them. And the worst part is, is that no matter how hard you try to get rid of people like that, they will always be there no matter where you go. I hate them, I really do! I mean take Steve Rogers (Captain America) for example, he was this short, skinny, loser kid that no one really liked but then he became this strong man, he became a hero! The serum is not what made in a super strong man, well mostly it did, but what made what he is today is the fact that he wasn't scared and that the man he is now was always inside of him and the serum just help that man come out and show his true power. My point is don't long to be "popular" and known aspire to be peculiar and uncommon.

  “Do not yearn to be popular; be exquisite. Do not desire to be famous; be loved. Do not take pride in being expected; be palpable, unmistakable.” - C. JoyBell C.
Goodnight Ireland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment